So, you are thinking of becoming Catholic? We are excited to take this journey with you! The first step is to call the Parish office (815) 288-3131 and set up an appointment to speak with our pastor about our parish RCIA program. RCIA stands for Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and is designed to provide guidance about any questions you may have about becoming Catholic, the Catholic Church, or the Catholic way of life. The RCIA program is designed for:
1. Adults in need of Baptism.
2. Adults baptized in another Christian tradition who desire to become Catholic.
3. Adults baptized in the Catholic Church in need of First Holy Communion and/or Catholic Confirmation.
If you or someone you know living in Dixon is interested in joining our parish RCIA program, please fill out the RCIA registration form below.
The Catholic Church is the largest religion in the world. The beliefs of the Church are ancient, instituted by Christ, and consistent through the ages.
- We believe that human beings were created by God in love and that everything God creates is good and created out of love. While we have the capacity for sin, the Church believes in the dignity of the human person above all else.
- We also believe that goodness infuses all of God’s wondrous creation. All creation, made by God, reflects that goodness. Catholics see the world and its beauty as sacramental – speaking of God’s goodness and love.
- We believe in stewardship. Everything is given to us by God and our Catholic responsibility is to share our time, talent and treasure with those around us.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity, that God has revealed himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit – a communion of knowledge and love – and has created us to share in that life.
- We believe in community and a living Church – believers are a part of the living Body of Christ and, as such, we are a reflection of the communal nature of the Trinity.
- We believe that God loved his creation so much that he became human in the person of Jesus to walk among us.
- We believe in the communion of the saints – models of faith who help us and guide us in our daily lives.
- We believe in Jesus’ crucifixion, death and resurrection, and we hope that one day we will rise to new life with him.